Make Japan a Nuclear Free Zone
The world in which people live must be nuclear-free. We can’t prevent (nuclear) accidents with current technology. If we don’t become nuclear-free, the downfall of mankind will draw closer
– Yamaguchi Tsutomu
Yamaguchi died in 2010 at the age of 93 having survived both the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. PLEASE help his cause by signing a petition for a nuclear free Japan.
The petition is called the 10 Million People’s Action to say Goodbye to Nuclear Power Plants
- We demand the cancellation of construction plans for new nuclear power plants and the planned termination of existing nuclear power plants, including the Hamaoka power plant.
- We demand that the fast-breeder reactor “Monju” and the nuclear reprocessing plants, which use the most dangerous material on earth, plutonium, not be operated and that they be shut down permanently.
- We demand an immediate shift in energy policy towards energy conservation and placing natural energy in the center.
The petition will be sent to the Government and the National Congress (Diet) of Japan; it will not be used for any other purpose. Deadline Feb 28th 2012.
1. The petition consists of two pages which have to be submitted together. Please staple the 1st page with the petition text and the 2nd page with your signatures together.
2. The English petition is addressed to the present Japanese Prime Minister. It is valid even in case the Prime Minister changes. When our organization will submit the petitions, we make sure that the legal requirements for a valid petition are observed.
3. Please send the petition by postal mail (fax is not valid) to the following address:
Citizens’ Committee for the 10 Million People’s Petition to say Goodbye to Nuclear Power Plants
c/o Gensuikin, 1F 3-2-11 Kanda Surugadai, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-0062, JAPAN
*Please include a note indicating how many signatures are included when sending it.
Nobel literature laureate Kenzaburo Oe told about 12,000 protesters in Yoyogi Park in Tokyo yesterday, “We will be handing nuclear waste generated from the nuclear reactors to our grandchildren. This is unethical conduct.” He and others have organized a campaign to collect 10 million signatures against nuclear power has already got 4 million signatures so far. The deadline is Feb 28th 2012. Please follow the instructions and get people at work and at clubs and anywhere you can to sign. Then send it in. Thank you どうもありがとう for helping to make a better world ♥.
Videos to watch:
Fukushima explosion http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7naSc81WSqA&feature=related
The Prince of Asturias Awards honoring Japanese rescue workers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AL4Vj28Nrs