Things you hear from presenters at an obligatory ‘Faculty Faith Formation Day’ for teachers in LA that just completely blow your mind:
1. Pornography makes men lose interest in sex.
2. Sexual trafficking exists because men can’t find brides.
3. I can regain my virginity because Jesus made the blind see so I can go to confession and get restored.
4. Contracept (used as a verb).
5. Women in 3rd World countries are marvelously adept at using natural family planning because they understand you need moist soil to grow a seed.
6. People have sex before dinner and family planning after dinner.
7. Contraceptives are as bad as asbestos and cancer.
8. Pheromones dupe men to rate ‘ordinary’ women more attractive than supermodels.
9. The pill makes women sexually available.
10. The walls of the womb are hospitality suites where wining and dining occurs.
11. You don’t need the pill to lose pain and become regular: you just need vitamins.
12. Condoms for homosexuals are not ‘contracepting’ so it’s OK but for married couples it’s wrong even if one is HIV positive.
Seriously! I’m not making this up.
Talk of ‘slippery mucus’ put me off the food they provided.
And the church wonders why it is losing people?!
One presenter’s website here: http://www.janetesmith.org/
Here’s her Powerpoint http://www.mycatholicfaith.org/JanetSmithsPowerpoints.html and we suffered through the one called Hormones R Us.
I should point out that I am not a religion or science or health teacher nor were the majority of people there. I thought they could not possible have a presentation worse than last year’s but I was SO, SO wrong!
We were caught in a bad episode of The Twilight Zone and the self-righteous talk of mucus with bad science and bad statistics was driving us all CRAZY!
If this is a new tactic on the war on teachers, it is a particularly nasty one!
NO MORE – EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!